Islandracer.com Message Board  

Go Back   Islandracer.com Message Board > Valley Isle Timing Association at Maui Raceway Park
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2007, 11:30 PM

Default 1st Ever Team Maui vs. Team Hawaii Challenge Memorial Day weekend

We will have our first Team Maui vs. Team Hawaii challenge during our Memorial Day weekend. Each team will consist of the five best racers(VITA members will choose the 5(and one alternate) for team Maui at our membership meeting in May, outer island racers to decide Team Hawaii's 5[and one alternate]) racing in a round robin format. Each racer will race each opposing team's racer once. We are planning to have round one during Thursday's test night, one during qualifying on Friday night, one(or 2) during Saturday's event, and the remainder during Sunday's event. We may have to move Thursday's round to another day if it becomes an issue. As of right now, there are no payouts, no entry fees planned. This race is for bragging rights. Who has the best racers? Electronics will be allowed. Questions, comments are welcome.

Amsoil Products
nakamura_racing_sports@hotmail.com
http://www.nakamuraracingsports.com
#N711 Summit Super Pro, S/ST 10.90
Old 04-03-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Memorial Day weekend Island Challenge

If I understand the challenge format, this is a Maui vs. the Big Island deal. Has any thought been given to a Maui, Big Island, Oahu Challenge? I'm sure Oahu racers are looking for a reason to dust off their race cars and go do some Drag Racing.

Oahu shouldn't have a problem putting together five (5) heavy hitters to come out and play.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Barboza
If I understand the challenge format, this is a Maui vs. the Big Island deal. Has any thought been given to a Maui, Big Island, Oahu Challenge? I'm sure Oahu racers are looking for a reason to dust off their race cars and go do some Drag Racing.

Oahu shouldn't have a problem putting together five (5) heavy hitters to come out and play.
Herb,
Team Hawaii will consist of racers from all islands, not the big island only. This event is in it growing stages right now and hopefully it could develop to some bigger in the years to come. Maybe next year it could be a state wide challenge with teams from every island. If any of you are intrested in participating please PM Jay Nakamura on this site. Thanks Mark.

Last edited by M. CAIRES #808 : 04-03-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Maui Vs Team Hawaii

Herb;

Come on over. You know Leonard and Shea will run. We plan to also...I'll bet they'll be plenty of cars from here for an Oahu team.

Char
Old 04-07-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Fun

Hey, this could be fun. Format: .4 Pro tree, electronics becomes less of an issue.
Pick team representatives: Who won the most races last year?
CU at the races.
John
Old 04-24-2007, 07:19 AM

John,
You know as well as me that most 10-12 second cars can't even go red on a 400 pro tree. This will be an electronics allowed race and we will let the membership decide on our 5. I'm sure that we as a club can figure out the best 5.

Let's start with some nominees. Anyone?

Amsoil Products
Old 04-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Talking team race

Ah, the .4 was a bad idea.
I nominate: John Shirota, Eric Saito, Martin Hultquist, and Jay Nakamura.

Maybe I could race the blue Nova?

John Hultquist
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Team Maui Nominees

Jon Shirota, Martin Hultquist, Jay Nakamura, Mark Caires, Eric Saito, Petro Palad, Nelson Derego, John Neil, Kyle Takushi. Any other nominees ?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:27 PM

Ok, here's my list, in no particular order:

Jon Shirota- He's just the best racer on the island

Kevin/Harold Yoshida- Points contender for two of the toughest classes and both finished in the top 3

Kurt Buland- doubled up last year

Martin Hultquist- Best non electronic racer(but he'll have to race his car in this race, no bikes)

Louisa Palad/Petro- they would always kick my A$$

Roy Kato- Has more wins here than anyone else

Bill Lane- Has been to 3 finals this year and didn't have too bad of a first season last year

Eric Saito- Another racer with too many wins

Can't think of any more at this time. I think we may have to make this a 12.90 and quicker race as there may be some 7 second cars in it.

We'll finalize our Team Maui roster next week Tuesday at our General membership meeting. We will also have to finalize the schedule for this Team Maui vs. Team Hawaii race. So far I have 3 Oahu racers that are interested in running for Team Hawaii, and i haven't gotten in touch with the Kauai guys yet. We are looking at the opening round to be on Thursday at maybe 8 or 8:30 pm. It would be a good way to close the night.

Amsoil Products
Old 05-04-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamura1336
Ok, here's my list, in no particular order:

Jon Shirota- He's just the best racer on the island

Kevin/Harold Yoshida- Points contender for two of the toughest classes and both finished in the top 3

Kurt Buland- doubled up last year

Martin Hultquist- Best non electronic racer(but he'll have to race his car in this race, no bikes)

Louisa Palad/Petro- they would always kick my A$$

Roy Kato- Has more wins here than anyone else

Bill Lane- Has been to 3 finals this year and didn't have too bad of a first season last year

Eric Saito- Another racer with too many wins

Can't think of any more at this time. I think we may have to make this a 12.90 and quicker race as there may be some 7 second cars in it.

We'll finalize our Team Maui roster next week Tuesday at our General membership meeting. We will also have to finalize the schedule for this Team Maui vs. Team Hawaii race. So far I have 3 Oahu racers that are interested in running for Team Hawaii, and i haven't gotten in touch with the Kauai guys yet. We are looking at the opening round to be on Thursday at maybe 8 or 8:30 pm. It would be a good way to close the night.
Just my 2cents another nominee Scott Hirata who dominated the 10.90 class with many wins.