Islandracer.com Message Board  

Go Back   Islandracer.com Message Board > Valley Isle Timing Association at Maui Raceway Park
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 AM

Default Maui's FASTEST STREETCAR SHOOTOUT 08

This years MFSCS will be held a MRP on September Friday 19 2008 starting a 5:30 pm. This year VITA will offer 4 classes for the event.

FWD OUTLAW (QUICK 8, HEADS UP, PRO TREE)
RWD/AWD OUTLAW (QUICK 8, HEADS UP, PRO TREE)
OPEN STREET (BRACKET RACE, FULL TREE)
STREET BIKE (BRACKET RACE, FULL TREE)

Many have asked for "Heads up," so here it is.... Rules and Payouts will be posted some time tonight
Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Default RULES and RACE FORMAT

Maui’s Fastest Street Car Shootout 2008
Rules & Race Format

OPEN STREET
1) Slicks,Drag radials or street tires are permitted. For safety reasons front runners will be allowed. These tires are designed for drag racing and can handle high speed passes. Wheels must be D.O.T or SFI spec drag Wheels. No spares.
2) Vehicle must have current registration, safety check and insurance
3) No open exhaust. Mufflers will be required. Mid turndowns OK
4) Any induction permitted (N/A, turbo, super chargers, combo’s exe turbo/Nos OK)
5) No Electronics, delay box, throttle stops
6) Windows must roll up and down. Factory glass only (no lexan) Pick ups that require roll bars to go into bed will be allowed to have a lexan rear window.
7) Interior must have 2 front seats, door panels, dash board, speedometer showing vehicle’s mileage
8) No wheelie bars allowed
9) Fuel, No restrictions
10) Racers that don’t qualify for the Outlaw classes will be required to meet these rules to be inserted into this class.
11) All wheel drive cars permitted.
12) Due to the current prices for fuel VITA will allow all cars the option to be trailered *NHRA ET regulations must be met. All cars must meet the requirements of the ET or speed that it runs. For example, 11.49 requires roll bar, scatter shields, all SFI required parts. 9.99/135mph and faster require chassis certification and competition Vehicle must have current registration, safety check and insurance
drivers license.

OUTLAW STREET RWD/AWD and FWD
1) Vehicle must have current registration, safety check and insurance.
2) Run what you brung. Any induction permitted (N/A, turbo, super chargers, combo’s exe turbo/Nos OK). Transmission, G force, lenco type Ok. Slicks, open exhaust, wheelie bars, lexon windows. OK
3) Interior: Pass seat, Carpet, Door panels not required.
4) Wheels must be DOT or SFI spec. Tires DOT drag radials, front runners, ET streets or drag slicks permitted
5) No Electronics, delay box, throttle stops
6) Non qualifiers will be allowed in OPEN STREETl class if the car can conform to their rules.
7) Trailering of car OK.
8) Fuel, No restrictions.
9) Open to all FWD, RWD and AWD cars
10) FWD and AWD will run in the same class.
*NHRA ET regulations must be met. All cars must meet the requirements of the ET or speed that it runs. For example, 11.49 requires roll bar, scatter shields, all SFI
required parts. 9.99/135mph and faster require chassis certification and competition drivers license.

STREET BIKE
The bike class is based off VITA”s monthly bike class rules with one exception
1) No wheelie Bars
*NHRA ET regulations must be met. Requirements of the ET or speed that it runs., all SFI required parts. 9.99/135mph and faster will require a NHRA competition drivers license.

Race Format
1) All classes will be based off of 3 rounds of qualifying if time permits.
2) RWD & FWD outlaw classes will consist of a Quick 8, Heads up, pro ladder.500 pro tree. Buy runs for this class will be based of who’s the fastest qualifying car.
3) Bikes & Open Street will run a bracket race format on a sportsman ladder. These classes will use a .500 tree sportsmen tree. Buy runs will be based off of who’s closest to their dial in. Racers will be required to place a dial in on their cars from the start of the first round of qualifying. Dial in’s may be adjusted every round to achieve best qualifying postion.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:02 AM

I was just wondering what was going to be the format for saturday night. Will there be anything for faster cars since it seems that friday night is strictly dedicated to street cars and saturday is for T&T. Please don't leave the real crowd pleasers out of the picture. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 AM

The Rules and Format above is for Friday Night, The Street Car Shootout. Saturday Night will be run as our normal Summit Series Program with a T&T run from 2:00-4:30 with the JR's and the Program ,I belive, will start at 5:00 or 5:30. So dont worry "the real crowd pleasers" can race Saturday Night just like always. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:17 PM

That sounds good, It is not that it wasn't clear, It was just not posted in the first place. I just wanted more clarification of the weekends programs. Thank you very much for clearing up questions of alot of people. HA HA
Old 09-06-2008, 11:13 AM

[quote=Takushi Motorsports;1461]I was just wondering what was going to be the format for saturday night. Will there be anything for faster cars since it seems that friday night is strictly dedicated to street cars and saturday is for T&T. Please don't leave the real crowd pleasers out of the picture. Thanks.[/QUOTE

I know of a couple 8 second cars coming over. Will that do?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:13 AM

A couple of 8-second cars is fine, but I think that I am being misunderstood by some people. When I said the qoute " real crowd pleasers" I was referring to anyone with a regular race car that is not a street legal format vehicle. Those are the vehicles that most of our loyal spectators come out month after month to see and support. Do not get me wrong, the street car shootout is also a good once a year program to see who has the fastest/baddest street legal vehicle possibly on Maui or even in the state being our extended families from outter islands may be joining us. Thanks, Kyle
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Default Racer Fee's and Payouts for MFSCS

Outlaw classes $75.00 entry Payout $500/$250
Open street $50.00 entry Payout $400/$200
Bikes $35.00 entry Payout $250/125
Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takushi Motorsports View Post
A couple of 8-second cars is fine, but I think that I am being misunderstood by some people. When I said the qoute " real crowd pleasers" I was referring to anyone with a regular race car that is not a street legal format vehicle. Those are the vehicles that most of our loyal spectators come out month after month to see and support. Do not get me wrong, the street car shootout is also a good once a year program to see who has the fastest/baddest street legal vehicle possibly on Maui or even in the state being our extended families from outter islands may be joining us. Thanks, Kyle
Kyle; thanks for clearing that up. Char